Friday, December 26, 2008

cool color things



i came across these beautiful paper sculptures by jen stark the other day (by way of the good blog, i think.) i think it's the coolest thing. and something i have never ever seen before. 1. upon further investigation, she went to mica. 2. her bold use of simple color reminded me of my artist books final. (apparently graphic designers are supposed to be afraid of color. grey, black, and the occasional red get really boring though, if you ask me.) i don't know. i sometimes feel silly and unsophisticated, but there's something about a color spectrum for me, and using it at it's most basic, purest form. it made sense for my somewhat indexical mini-books. and i love how jen stark's straight up construction paper hues are transformed into such high art.

ps. let me know if you want a subscription to good for the upcoming year... i can get two friends in on the action for free!

2 comments:

Stephanie McKee said...

I WANT A SUBSCRIPTION TO GOOD! oh man, id love it if you could hook me up!
<3 Steph

Stephen Ratkovich said...

I like color.
This post made me smile even though I feel sick.