Sunday, October 7, 2007


"you ever have a thought that bums you out... you have a thought that bums you out and you're bummed out by the thought, but the thought escapes you, so all you're left with is being bummed out, but you can't remember what it was that bummed you out in the first place so you spend time going back in your mind trying to figure out why you're not looking forward to tuesday, whatever tuesday is... you're like, 'what's wrong with tuesday? hasn't even happened yet and i'm freaked out about it.' -john mayer, from any given thursday

maybe it was that i spent a good portion of my saturday at a disappointing cap meeting (the first thing i've done at mica that has been a let down.) maybe it's that i actually had to get started on the drawing i have due tomorrow that i've been postponing for two weeks. maybe it's that, as if using a new medium isn't frustrating enough, my ink spilled all over just as i was getting started. maybe it's that i just didn't have any coffee in my system this morning. maybe it's that i know a much needed break is on its way, and this week is only getting in my way. whatever it is, today i decided to be emo. i kept my glasses on, stayed in black soccer shorts and a beater, didn't shower, listened to death cab, and left the ink all over my feet.

1 comment:

Stephen Ratkovich said...

That quote is like the story of my life. I'm always bummed out but can never really pin-point what's caused me to feel so stressed about everything.