Wednesday, January 23, 2008

book a week


over break i started making a list of all the super-expensive design books i want to read. (i told my mom that if she ever wants to make a serious investment in my future she could buy me life style by bruce mau.) and i realized that i wasn't taking full advantage of the resources already available to me at the mica library. so i decided to come back and start checking out a new book every week. books that appeal to me because of a sweet cover design that sticks out when i'm searching... or specific books that i've had on my list for a while.

i commit to checking them out, but after that... there are no rules. it totally depends on the book/week. i could read the whole thing. or just skim it. or find a new favorite and decide i need to buy my own copy. or they could stay in a stack by my bed and inspire me just by their presence. should be interesting.

week one:

"thoughtless acts?" -jane fulton sun + ideo
"toothpicks & logos: design in everyday life" -john heskett
"s,m,l,xl" - o.m.a., rem koolhaas, and bruce mau

No comments: